This popular Cajun cake is an easy one-layer pineapple cake finished with a coconut and pecan topping. It's a moist, delicious cake, perfect for a potluck, book club meeting, or morning coffee gathering.
- 2 large eggs
- 1 large can (20 ounces) crushed pineapple (undrained)
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- For the Topping:
- 1 stick butter (4 ounces)
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup evaporated milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup flaked coconut
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- Heat the oven to 350 F.
- Grease and flour a 9-by-13-by-2-inch baking pan.
- In a mixing bowl with an electric mixer, beat the eggs with the pineapple until well blended.
- In another bowl, combine the flour, sugar, salt, and baking soda. Whisk or stir the dry ingredients to blend thoroughly.
- Stir the dry ingredients into the first mixture; blend well.
- Spread the batter in the prepared pan and bake in the preheated oven for about 30 minutes, or until a wooden toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Make topping (below) while the cake is baking.
- In a saucepan over medium heat, combine the butter, granulated sugar, and evaporated milk; bring to a boil. Reduce the heat to low and boil gently for 10 minutes.
- Remove the saucepan from the heat and stir in the vanilla, coconut, and pecans.
- Spread the topping mixture over the hot cake.
Shared by MIZZTUCKER
|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Total Fat||10 g|
|Saturated Fat||4 g|
|Unsaturated Fat||4 g|
|Dietary Fiber||1 g|