Serve this tasty pasta and chicken dish with fresh sliced tomatoes or a tossed salad and crusty bread.
- 3/4 pound rotini pasta, cooked according to package directions
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 to 3 skinless boneless chicken breast halves, sliced 1/2" thick
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 bunch green onions, about 6, chopped
- 1 1/2 to 2 tablespoons Cajun seasoning, or to taste
- 1 scant teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 scant teaspoon ground red pepper (cayenne)
- 8 ounces heavy cream
- 1 green bell pepper, julienned
- 1 red bell pepper, julienned
- 8 ounces fresh mushrooms, quartered
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese, grated
Cook rotini (or similar pasta) according to package directions. Drain; set aside.
Melt butter in a large skillet over medium heat. Add chicken; cook, stirring frequently, until browned, about 6 to 8 minutes.
Uncover; stir in cream and let simmer another 2 minutes.
Stir in parmesan cheese. Remove sauce from heat, stir in cooked pasta and serve immediately.