- 4 cups cooked white meat chicken, cut into small cubes
- 1 1/2 cups celery (finely chopped)
- 1 1/2 cups green onions (finely chopped)
- 3/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup pecans (finely chopped)
- 1/2 cup fresh parsley (finely chopped)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon white pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon Tabasco Sauce
- Combine all ingredients, mixing thoroughly but gently so the salad has a light, fluffy texture.
Make it quicker:
Purchase a cooked chicken from the market or deli, or really cheat by purchasing prepared chicken salad and adding chopped pecans, cayenne pepper, and Tabasco Sauce (though most Cajuns don't cheat when it comes to cooking).
When poaching or baking a whole chicken for chicken salad, or any dish requiring boneless chicken, one 5-pound (raw) chicken will yield about 2 1/4 pounds of cooked boneless, skinless chicken meat- more than you need for this recipe, but leftover chicken is always wanted for gumbo or jambalaya.
|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Total Fat||39 g|
|Saturated Fat||7 g|
|Unsaturated Fat||13 g|
|Dietary Fiber||2 g|