Cajun cooking has developed a reputation for being all about heat. The truth is Cajun flavors are more savory than hot. This spice blend can be adjusted for heat by increasing (or decreasing) the amount of cayenne pepper.
- 1/4 cup/60 mL paprika
- 1/4 cup/60 mL salt
- 3 tablespoons/45 mL black pepper
- 3 tablespoons/45 mL garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon/15 mL onion powder
- 2 teaspoons/10 mL cayenne
- 1 1/2 teaspoons/7.5 mL dried oregano
- 1 1/2 teaspoons/7.5 mL dried thyme
1. Combine all ingredients in a small bowl. Use immediately or store in an airtight container in a cool, dark place. This blend can be stored for up to 6 months.
2. Use mixture on all types of meat, fish, and seafood and vegetables. You can add a little oil and vinegar to a bowl, add some of this seasoning mixture and use as a marinade.
|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Total Fat||1 g|
|Saturated Fat||0 g|
|Unsaturated Fat||0 g|
|Dietary Fiber||3 g|