There are two important things to consider when making boiled peanuts. First, they take a very long time to cook. After many unsuccessful times cooking on the stovetop all day and they still aren't done, you may you just give up. So, the best way to cook boiled peanuts is to use a slow cooker. Secondly, make sure to use raw peanuts opposed to roasted ones. Raw peanuts sometimes are also called “green” peanuts because of their raw state.
- 10 cups peanuts (raw, washed)
- 1 tablespoon Cajun seasonings (like Tony Chachere’s)
- 1/4 cup salt (kosher)
- Into a slow cooker, add raw peanuts, Cajun spice, and salt.
- Add enough water to cover the peanuts.
- Turn the slow cooker on to HIGH and cook covered until peanuts are soft about 8 to 10 hours.
|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Total Fat||90 g|
|Saturated Fat||11 g|
|Unsaturated Fat||45 g|
|Dietary Fiber||16 g|