This is a great basic Turkey rub with enough heat to make it interesting. You can use this rub on all poultry, no matter how you prepare it. So give this one a try next time you grill or smoke a holiday turkey. This will become one of your favorite go to rub recipes.
- 1/4 cup/60 mL salt
- 2 tablespoons/30 mL onion powder
- 2 tablespoons/30 mL paprika (not smoked)
- 1 tablespoon/15 mL ground oregano
- 1 tablespoons/15 mL garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons/10 mL cayenne pepper (adjust to your liking)
- 1 teaspoon/5 mL dried thyme
- Mix ingredients together and rub over the entire surface of the turkey, inside and out. Do your best to work the rub in under the skin. Let seasoning mixture sit on turkey, covered and refrigerated for 1-2 hours.
- If making ahead of time, store in an air tight container and house in cupboard for up to 6 months.
|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Total Fat||0 g|
|Saturated Fat||0 g|
|Unsaturated Fat||0 g|
|Dietary Fiber||2 g|