Candy canes aren't just for eating--use them to make this beautiful candy cane vase! This Christmas craft is easy, fast, and adds a gorgeous touch to your holiday decor. It comes together quickly, so you can whip up one (or two, or ten...) in just a few minutes. These would make great holiday gifts, and you can give them with a pretty bouquet of flowers inside!
Time Required: 15 minutes
What You Need
- Large candy canes - at least 24
- Glass vase about 6" to 7" tall
- Double-sided tape
- Rubber band
- Gather your ingredients. The amount of candy canes you will need depends on the size of your vase. You will have to adjust the number of candy canes to match the size of your own vase.
- Take your double-sided tape and wrap it around the middle of the vase, going all the way around. This will help hold the candy canes in place as you position them and prevent them from sliding around too much.
- Slide a rubber band up around the vase, and start inserting candy canes between the rubber band and the vase. The double-sided tape should make this job easier, but it will still be a challenge in the beginning as the candy canes slip around. If you have difficulty, try using the tightest rubber band you can find, to keep the candy canes from wiggling around. As you add more and more candy canes, they start to hold each other up and move around much less.
- Continue until there is a ring of candy canes around the entire vase. They should be so close together that there is no empty space between them.
- Tie a ribbon around the candy canes and over the rubber band so the rubber band isn't visible. Your candy cane vase is now ready to use!
Fill it with water, add flowers, and enjoy the festive touch it brings. It is easy to disassemble this candy cane vase at the end of the holidays, or you can always leave it intact and use your candy cane vase year after year.