Candy Corn Peanut Butter Bars are an amazing recipe. Just 3 ingredients--candy corn, peanut butter, and chocolate--are combined to produce small candy bars with the crackly texture and bold peanut butter taste of a Butterfingers bar! It's downright magical, and it's a great way to use up leftover candy corn after Halloween.
- 3 cups candy corn
- 1 1/2 cups peanut butter (smooth; not natural variety)
- 12 ounces chocolate candy coating
1. Line an 8x8 pan with foil and spray the foil with nonstick cooking spray. Place the candy corn in a large microwave-safe bowl.
2. Microwave the candy corn for one minute, then stir as it starts to melt. Continue to microwave the corn in 30-second increments, stirring after every 30 seconds to prevent overheating. Cook the candy corn until it is completely melted and smooth, but be wary of overheating it and causing it to stiffen up.
3. Add the peanut butter to the melted candy corn and stir it in until it is completely incorporated. If you have trouble combining them, microwave the candy briefly (for 10-15 seconds at a time) just until it's warm enough to be easily mixed.
4. Scrape the candy out into the prepared pan and smooth it into an even layer. While it is still warm, use a knife or pizza cutter to score it into small bars, 1 inch across and 4 inches long. You should get about 16 small bars from one batch, but you can always make them larger or smaller as desired. Let the candy cool completely.
5. Once cool, break or cut the bars apart along the scored lines. Melt the candy coating in a microwave-safe bowl, stirring frequently until it is melted and smooth.
6. Use forks or dipping tools to dip the bars completely in the coating. Once a bar has been dipped, hold it over the bowl to let the excess drip back down into the bowl. Place a dipped bar on a parchment-lined baking sheet, and repeat until all of the bars are dipped. Let them set completely at room temperature or in the refrigerator before serving.
7. When served at room temperature, the bars have a slight chew to them, but when refrigerated they're perfectly crispy and crunchy. Store Candy Corn Peanut Butter Bars in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to a month.
Check out these Fall recipes:
|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Total Fat||22 g|
|Saturated Fat||7 g|
|Unsaturated Fat||8 g|
|Dietary Fiber||5 g|