This candy pizza recipe is easy and fun for kids to make, and tastes as great as it looks! Chocolate is mixed with mini marshmallows and crispy cereal to form a chewy, crunchy, chocolatey crust, and is topped with candied fruit or candies, coconut, and drizzles of white chocolate. Don't miss the video tutorial showing how to make candy pizza.
If you don’t want to use candied cherries, you can use any colorful candies that are available. Additionally, you can use any combination of semi-sweet, white, peanut butter, or butterscotch chips in this recipe. I usually use a mix of semi-sweet and white, but you can experiment to find what suits your tastes.
- 1.75 cups white chocolate chips, divided use
- 3 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 3 cups crispy rice cereal
- 2 cups miniature marshmallows
- 1 cup candied red and green cherries, or other candy decorations
- 1/4 cup shredded coconut
- Gather the ingredients.
- Prepare a large baking sheet by lining it with aluminum foil and set aside for now.
- If you are using candied cherries, chop them coarsely into medium-sized pieces.
- Place the semi-sweet chips and 1.5 cups of white chocolate chips into a large microwave-safe bowl, reserving the remaining 1/4 cup of white chips for decoration. Microwave them in one-minute increments until melted, stirring after every minute to prevent overheating.
- Once the chips are melted and smooth, stir in the rice crispy cereal and miniature marshmallows, stirring until they are evenly coated and well-distributed throughout the chocolate.
- Scrape the candy onto the prepared baking sheet and spread it into a thin circle using a spatula or the back of a spoon. The exact size depends on your preference, but I like to make the candy less than 1” thick, so my pizza is usually quite large, over a foot in diameter.
- Sprinkle the chopped cherries (or other candies you are using) on top of the wet chocolate and press gently to adhere them. Sprinkle the shredded coconut all over the top of the pizza.
- Place the remaining 1/4 cup of white chocolate chips in a small Ziploc bag and microwave it until they are melted, about 30-45 seconds. Knead the chocolate in the bag with your hands to get all of the chips melted and smooth. Cut off a small corner of the bag, and drizzle the melted chocolate over the top of the pizza as a finishing touch.
- Refrigerate the pizza until it is set, about 45 minutes. To serve, cut or break it into small pieces. Store the pizza well-wrapped in cling wrap or in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to two weeks.