|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Servings: 4 Servings|
|Amount per serving|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total Fat 29g||37%|
|Saturated Fat 17g||83%|
|Total Carbohydrate 116g||42%|
|Dietary Fiber 10g||36%|
|*The % Daily Value (DV) tells you how much a nutrient in a food serving contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.|
This Olive Garden inspired pasta dish is made with a variety of fresh vegetables, including broccoli, summer squash, tomatoes, carrots, and mushrooms.
- 4 ounces butter
- 1 1/2 cups chopped onion
- 3/4 cup carrots (julienned)
- 1 1/2 cups broccoli florets (1-inch pieces)
- 8 ounces fresh mushrooms (sliced)
- 3 small yellow summer squash (or zucchini, halved and thinly sliced)
- 1 medium clove garlic (minced)
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 1 tablespoon beef bouillon granules or base
- 1/4 cup oil-packed sun-dried tomatoes (drained and minced)
- 1 1/4 cups crushed tomatoes in puree
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley (chopped fine)
- 1/4 teaspoon oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon rosemary (crumbled)
- 1/8 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 pound fresh pasta (cooked as directed on package)
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
Melt butter in a Dutch oven or large pot over medium heat.
Sauté onions and carrots for 5 minutes. Add broccoli, mushrooms, squash and, garlic and sauté for 2 minutes longer. Add remaining ingredients, stir well and bring to a simmer—Cook for 8 to 10 minutes, or until the vegetables are tender.
Meanwhile, cook the capellini in boiling salted water following the package directions. Drain well.
Serve the vegetable sauce over the hot drained pasta. Sprinkle Parmesan over the top and serve.