Redefine “easy bake” with this two-minute, one-mug dessert. Ingredients like brown sugar, applesauce, and fresh apple bring classic fall flavor to this quick treat. After a minute in the microwave, your apple cake is ready for its apple pie toppings: warm caramel sauce and streusel. Tasty as cake, easy as pie.
- 1/4 cup flour
- 2 1/2 tablespoons apple sauce
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 tablespoons diced apples
- 1-2 tablespoon caramel sauce
- 2 teaspoons streusel as a topping:
- 1/2 tsp flour
- 1/2 tsp butter
- 1 tsp brown sugar
- Start by making the streusel topping: in a small bowl, mix flour, butter, brown sugar. With a fork, mix and mash until you have a crumbly texture.
- Mix flour, sugar and baking powder in a 12-ounce mug. Add the apple sauce and mix well. Add the milk and diced apples but only mix lightly.
- Cook on medium high in microwave for about 1:00 minute. Microwaves vary but you’re looking for the cake to look done, and the edges to pull away slightly from the cup.
- While still warm, add the streusel topping and drizzle with caramel sauce.
- Eat right away.
|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Total Fat||28 g|
|Saturated Fat||8 g|
|Unsaturated Fat||14 g|
|Dietary Fiber||15 g|