Tired of boring side dishes? This is a universally popular dish that both adults and children will love.
Carrots are tossed with melted butter, brown sugar, and pepper before being roasted until soft and caramelized.
This is a perfect side dish to accompany roast chicken or beef. It could also be served with a chickpea salad and couscous as part of a vegetarian meal. Either way, do not expect any leftovers!
- 1 bunch carrots (peeled)
- 2 tablespoons butter (melted)
- 1 tablespoons brown sugar
- black pepper, to taste
- salt to taste (sea salt flakes preferred)
- Garnish: parsley or coriander
- Preheat oven to 360 F (180 C).
- Slice the larger carrots into two length-wise so that all the pieces are roughly the same size. You may need to quarter extra large carrots.
- Line a baking tray with aluminum foil and arrange carrots neatly on the tray, making sure they don’t overlap.
- Brush melted butter onto the carrots lightly with a silicon pastry brush and then sprinkle them with brown sugar before giving them a good grind of black pepper to finish.
- Bake in the oven for around 25 minutes or until soft and beginning to brown.
- Sprinkle with crushed sea salt flakes and garnish with parsley or coriander.
|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Total Fat||6 g|
|Saturated Fat||4 g|
|Unsaturated Fat||2 g|
|Dietary Fiber||1 g|