|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
This is not your average lobster in butter dish, no this is Caribbean Lobster with a Jerk-Rum Butter.
For even more flavor, beyond the spicy jerk seasoning and the sweet rum, this recipe also calls for onion, pepper, lime, chives and pepper.
- 2–3 1- to 2-pound lobster (or tails), halved and cleaned
- 1 tablespoons melted butter
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 Tbsp Jamaican jerk seasoning
- 1/2 cup sweet pepper, chopped
- 1/4 cup Mount Gay Eclipse Rum
- 2-3 tablespoons butter
- 1/4 cup fresh lime juice
- 1/4 cup chives and parsley, chopped
- Garnish: 1/2 cup tomato concasse
Parboil the lobster until bright red, then bake in the over at 300 degrees F with a little melted butter for about 15 minutes.
While the lobster bakes, sauté onion, jerk seasoning, and sweet pepper in remaining melted butter.
Remove from heat, pour in the rum and add butter, stirring until it has melted evenly and creamily.
Add lime juice and herbs.
Serve over lobster or in dipping bowls on plate.
Recipe Courtesy: Mount Gay Rum