Bring a taste of the islands to your table with these Caribbean Spiced Sweet Potatoes. Enhanced with lime, honey, and a spice blend that includes garlic, ginger, allspice and chili, this recipe works well year-round.
Serves 4 to 6.
- 2 1/2 pounds sweet potatoes, peeled, trimmed, and cut into 1-inch chunks
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons honey
- Juice of 1 lime (about 1 tablespoon)
- 4 cloves of garlic, peeled and finely chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/8 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/8 teaspoon allspice
Preheat the oven to 425°. Lightly oil a large roasting pan or foil-lined, rimmed baking sheet.
In a large bowl, whisk together the oil, honey, lime juice, garlic, and spices. Add the sweet potatoes and toss to coat.
Pour the potatoes and seasonings into the roasting pan or baking sheet, and spread them out into a single layer.
Roast the potatoes in the preheated oven, stirring occasionally, for about 40 minutes, or until they are tender and caramelized.
|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Total Fat||5 g|
|Saturated Fat||1 g|
|Unsaturated Fat||3 g|
|Dietary Fiber||7 g|