|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Servings: 36 Servings|
|Amount per serving|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total Fat 5g||6%|
|Saturated Fat 2g||11%|
|Total Carbohydrate 15g||5%|
|Dietary Fiber 1g||3%|
|*The % Daily Value (DV) tells you how much a nutrient in a food serving contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.|
This is a very simple fudge recipe using evaporated milk, and chips that brings raves. It is a classic recipe that is often requested. Instructions are also given for butterscotch and mint flavors.
- 2 Tablespoons butter or margarine
- 2/3 cup evaporated milk
- 1-1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups (4 ounces) miniature marshmallows
- 1-1/2 cups (9 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans or walnuts, optional
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Gather the ingredients.
- Combine butter or margarine, evaporated milk, sugar, and salt in a medium, heavy-duty saucepan.
- Bring to a full rolling boil over medium heat, stirring constantly. Boil stirring constantly for 4 to 5 minutes. Remove from heat.
- Stir in chips.
- Stir vigorously for 1 minute or until marshmallows are melted. Pour into a foiled-lined 8-inch square baking pan. Chill until firm.
Milk chocolate fudge: Substitute 2 cups milk chocolate chips for semisweet chocolate chips.
Butterscotch fudge: Substitute 1-2/3 cups butterscotch-flavored chips for semisweet chips.
Mint chocolate fudge: Substitute 1-1/2 cups mint-chocolate chips for semisweet chips.