This is a very simple fudge recipe using evaporated milk, , and chips that brings raves. It is a classic recipe that is often requested. Instructions are also given for butterscotch and mint flavors.
- 2 Tablespoons butter or margarine
- 2/3 cup evaporated milk
- 1-1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups (4 ounces) miniature marshmallows
- 1-1/2 cups (9 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans or walnuts, optional
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Combine butter or margarine, evaporated milk, sugar, and salt in a medium, heavy-duty saucepan.
- Bring to a full rolling boil over medium heat, stirring constantly.
- Boil stirring constantly for four to five minutes.
- Remove from heat.
- Stir in marshmallows, chips, vanilla, and nuts (optional).
- Stir vigorously for one minute or until marshmallows are melted.
- Pour into a foiled-lined eight-inch square baking pan.
- Chill until firm.
Milk chocolate fudge: Substitute 2 cups milk chocolate chips for semisweet chocolate chips.
Butterscotch fudge: Substitute 1-2/3 cups butterscotch-flavored chips for semisweet chips.
Mint chocolate fudge: Substitute 1-1/2 cups mint-chocolate chips for semisweet chips.
Recipe Source: Carnation Evaporated Milk
Reprinted with permission.
|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|