While Carne Asada usually means beef, this marinade works just as well on chicken or pork. If you want to put together a delicious Mexican dish, then this is a great marinade to start with.
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons steak sauce
- 2 cloves garlic (minced)
- 2 teaspoon salt (use less if preferred)
- 1 teaspoon sage (fresh, chopped or 1/2 teaspoon dried sage)
- 1 teaspoon savory (fresh or 1/2 teaspoon dried savory)
- 1 teaspoon cumin powder
- 1/2 teaspoon dry mustard
- Combine all ingredients and mix thoroughly until salt has dissolved.
- Marinate red meats and pork for 4 to 12 hours. Poultry should be marinated for about 2 to 4 hours. Fish, seafood and vegetables for 30 minutes.
- If making ahead of time, store in an airtight container in a refrigerator for up to 5 days after preparation.
|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Total Fat||28 g|
|Saturated Fat||4 g|
|Unsaturated Fat||20 g|
|Dietary Fiber||4 g|