|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Servings: about 3/4 cups (1 serving)|
|Amount per serving|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total Fat 28g||36%|
|Saturated Fat 4g||20%|
|Total Carbohydrate 49g||18%|
|Dietary Fiber 4g||13%|
|*The % Daily Value (DV) tells you how much a nutrient in a food serving contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.|
While Carne Asada usually means beef, this marinade works just as well on chicken or pork. If you want to put together a delicious Mexican dish, then this is a great marinade to start with.
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons steak sauce
- 2 cloves garlic (minced)
- 2 teaspoon salt (use less, if preferred)
- 1 teaspoon fresh sage (chopped, or 1/2 teaspoon dried sage)
- 1 teaspoon fresh savory (or 1/2 teaspoon dried savory)
- 1 teaspoon cumin powder
- 1/2 teaspoon dry mustard
Gather the ingredients.
Combine all ingredients and mix thoroughly until salt has dissolved.
If making ahead of time, store in an airtight container in a refrigerator for up to 5 days after preparation.
- Marinate red meats and pork for 4 to 12 hours.
- Poultry should be marinated for about 2 to 4 hours.
- Fish, seafood, and vegetables for 30 minutes.