|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Servings: 6-8 Portions (6-8 Servings)|
|Amount per serving|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total Fat 8g||11%|
|Saturated Fat 2g||8%|
|Total Carbohydrate 86g||31%|
|Dietary Fiber 18g||64%|
|*The % Daily Value (DV) tells you how much a nutrient in a food serving contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.|
These Carolina-style barbecue beans combine cider vinegar and ketchup to give them that Southern barbecue flavor. While this recipe calls for a can of pork and beans as a base, you can use additional lima and kidney beans with some smoked pork to give it a delicious flavor.
- 1 15-ounce/450 mL can pork and beans (drained and rinsed)
- 1 15-ounce/450 mL can red kidney beans (drained and rinsed)
- 1 15-ounce/450 mL can lima beans (drained and rinsed)
- 3/4 cup/180 mL ketchup
- 1 medium onion (finely chopped)
- 1/2 cup/120 mL butter or margarine
- 1/2 cup/120 mL sugar
- 1/4 cup/60 mL cider vinegar
- 1 clove garlic (minced)
- 1 tablespoon/15 mL mustard
- 1 teaspoon/5 mL Worcestershire sauce
- Salt to taste
Preheat oven to 350 F.
Sauté onion and garlic in butter. Add ketchup, sugar, cider vinegar, mustard and Worcestershire sauce. Stir until well blended.
Pour into a large casserole dish and add other ingredients and stir to combine. Place in hot oven and bake for one hour. Serve immediately.