|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Servings: 6 to 8 servings|
|Amount per serving|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total Fat 8g||11%|
|Saturated Fat 2g||8%|
|Total Carbohydrate 86g||31%|
|Dietary Fiber 18g||64%|
|*The % Daily Value (DV) tells you how much a nutrient in a food serving contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.|
These Carolina-style barbecue beans combine cider vinegar and ketchup to give them that Southern barbecue flavor. While this recipe calls for a can of pork and beans as a base, you can use additional lima and kidney beans with some smoked pork to give it a delicious flavor.
- 1 15-ounce/450 mL can pork and beans (drained and rinsed)
- 1 15-ounce/450 mL can red kidney beans (drained and rinsed)
- 1 15-ounce/450 mL can lima beans (drained and rinsed)
- 3/4 cup/180 mL ketchup
- 1 medium onion (finely chopped)
- 1/2 cup/120 mL butter or margarine
- 1/2 cup/120 mL sugar
- 1/4 cup/60 mL cider vinegar
- 1 clove garlic (minced)
- 1 tablespoon/15 mL mustard
- 1 teaspoon/5 mL Worcestershire sauce
- Salt to taste
Gather the ingredients.
Preheat oven to 350 F.
Sauté onion and garlic in butter. Add ketchup, sugar, cider vinegar, mustard and Worcestershire sauce. Stir until well blended.
Pour into a large casserole dish and add other ingredients and stir to combine. Place in the hot oven and bake for one hour. Serve immediately.