Carrie Honaker is a freelance writer specializing in food, wine, travel, and culture. Her work has appeared in Bon Appetit, Wine Enthusiast, Allrecipes, and more.
- Carrie has written for The Spruce Eats since January 2021.
- Her work has appeared in Basically, Wine Enthusiast, Allrecipes, The Alcohol Professor, Smarter Travel, Better Humans, P.S. I Love You, and Farmer-ish.
- Carrie has a Bachelor's and Master’s degree in English from Florida State University.
Summers spent on her great-grandmother’s farm in Highgate, Vermont, Carrie tended an expansive garden, pickled and preserved all manner of produce, cared for pigs, cows, and chickens, and learned the intricacies of dough and dandelion wine. Youthful summers led to a lifetime in restaurant kitchens where she honed her cooking chops and wine knowledge. Following college, Carrie opened and operated a small breakfast and lunch cafe where she also catered weddings and private business dinners. She consulted for burgeoning restaurateurs on everything from kitchen set-up to wine lists. After selling her cafe, Carrie taught college and high school English for over a decade until it was time to pursue her childhood dream of writing professionally. She currently resides in Panama City Beach, Florida where she writes about the next addiction-worthy baked good, the perfect use for a baking stone, and the little-known Florida wine scene.
Carrie has a Bachelor's and Master’s degree in English from Florida State University.
- The No 1 Rule of Knife Storage, Bon Appetit.com
- I’m Baking E-V-E-R-Y-T-H-I-N-G on This Pizza Stone, Bon Appetit.com
- Meet Ragamuffins, the Zero-Waste Way to Enjoy Every Bit of Pie Crust, Allrecipes.com
About The Spruce
The Spruce, a Dotdash brand, is a new kind of home website offering practical, real-life tips and inspiration to help you create your best home. The Spruce family of brands, including The Spruce, The Spruce Eats, The Spruce Pets, and The Spruce Crafts collectively reach 30 million people each month.
Dotdash is among the largest and fastest growing publishers online, and has won over 50 awards in the last year alone, including Digiday's 2020 Publisher of the Year. Dotdash brands include Verywell, Investopedia, The Balance, The Spruce, Simply Recipes, Serious Eats, Byrdie, Brides, MyDomaine, Lifewire, TripSavvy, Liquor.com, and TreeHugger.