Carrie Honaker is a freelance writer specializing in food, wine, travel, and culture. Her work has appeared in Bon Appetit, Wine Enthusiast, Allrecipes, and more.
- Carrie has written for The Spruce Eats since January 2021.
- Her work has appeared in Basically, Wine Enthusiast, Allrecipes, The Alcohol Professor, Smarter Travel, Better Humans, P.S. I Love You, and Farmer-ish.
- Carrie has a Bachelor's and Master’s degree in English from Florida State University.
Summers spent on her great-grandmother’s farm in Highgate, Vermont, Carrie tended an expansive garden, pickled and preserved all manner of produce, cared for pigs, cows, and chickens, and learned the intricacies of dough and dandelion wine. Youthful summers led to a lifetime in restaurant kitchens where she honed her cooking chops and wine knowledge. Following college, Carrie opened and operated a small breakfast and lunch cafe where she also catered weddings and private business dinners. She consulted for burgeoning restaurateurs on everything from kitchen set-up to wine lists. After selling her cafe, Carrie taught college and high school English for over a decade until it was time to pursue her childhood dream of writing professionally. She currently resides in Panama City Beach, Florida where she writes about the next crave-worthy baked good, the perfect use for a baking stone, and the little-known Florida wine scene.
Carrie has a Bachelor's and Master’s degree in English from Florida State University.
- The No 1 Rule of Knife Storage, Bon Appetit.com
- I’m Baking E-V-E-R-Y-T-H-I-N-G on This Pizza Stone, Bon Appetit.com
- Meet Ragamuffins, the Zero-Waste Way to Enjoy Every Bit of Pie Crust, Allrecipes.com
About The Spruce Eats
The Spruce Eats, a Dotdash brand, is a food and drink website offering more than 15,000 tested recipes, 1,200 how-to videos, informative articles, trustworthy product recommendations, and the inspiration to help you make your best meal. Learn more about us and our editorial process.