- 2 tsp olive oil
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 1lb carrots, peeled and sliced
- 1lb zucchini, unpeeled and sliced
- 2 tsp curry powder
- 3 1/2 cups fat-free, low-sodium chicken broth
- 1/4 cup freshly chopped parsley
Sauté onions in a soup pot for 5 minutes, or until softened. Add carrots and zucchini, followed by curry powder. Stir for 1-2 minutes. Add chicken broth. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat and simmer for 20 minutes, until vegetables are tender. Add chopped parsley.
Transfer soup to a blender and blend until smooth, working in two batches.
Makes 6 servings.
Per Serving: Calories 81, Calories from Fat 16, Total Fat 1.8g (sat 0.2g), Cholesterol 0mg, Sodium 65mg, Carbohydrate 13.4g, Fiber 4g, Protein 2.8g
|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Total Fat||2 g|
|Saturated Fat||0 g|
|Unsaturated Fat||1 g|
|Dietary Fiber||4 g|