|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Amount per serving|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total Fat 3g||4%|
|Saturated Fat 1g||3%|
|Total Carbohydrate 32g||12%|
|Dietary Fiber 4g||15%|
|Total Sugars 24g|
|Vitamin C 1mg||5%|
|*The % Daily Value (DV) tells you how much a nutrient in a food serving contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.|
You don't need a single carrot to make carrot cake shots. This simple recipe is one of those magical mixes that bartenders love to create out of common bar ingredients. Just like the chocolate cake shooter, this one-sip drink tastes like its namesake dessert thanks to the combination of liqueurs.
The recipe mixes cinnamon and butterscotch schnapps, Irish cream, and coffee liqueur in equal parts. It's incredibly easy and you'll be surprised at how closely it resembles a real carrot cake. To top off the experience, you can even add a cream cheese frosting and crushed walnut rim to the glasses.
Gather the ingredients.
Dip the rim of each shot glass in a mound of cream cheese frosting and twist it to get an even coat. Then, dip the rim into a pile of crushed walnuts. While still holding the glass upside down, shake off any excess nuts.
In a cocktail shaker, pour the liqueurs. Fill with ice.
Shake very well.
Strain into the prepared glasses. Serve and enjoy.
- The recipe makes two 2-ounce shots, so it's perfect for tall shot glasses. Smaller ones may hold just 1 ounce each, which means you can get four shooters out of one shaker.
- Chopped and whole walnuts are easy to find in the baking section of most grocery stores. For rimming, you'll want to crush them into finer pieces. The easiest way is to add some walnuts to a plastic or cloth bag, then whack them with a muddler, rolling pin, or hammer. Some electric coffee grinders may work as well.
- For the liqueurs, you have many brand options. The most popular choices are Kahlua for the coffee, Buttershots for the butterscotch schnapps, and Bailey's for the Irish cream.
- Goldschläger, on the other hand, is one of the best options for the cinnamon schnapps. Many of the other options, such as Hot Damn and After Shock, will be too bold and sweet to pull off the desired cake-like taste.
- If you or anyone who is going to drink this shot has an allergy to nuts, skip the walnuts! The cream cheese rim is delicious on its own.
- The carrot cake shot is a popular bar drink, so the recipes can vary. One of the most common variations is to skip the coffee liqueur. If you do this, increase the volume of the other three liqueurs, keeping them equal. For instance, pour 1 1/3 ounces of each to get the same volume for the recipe's two tall shots.