Cauliflower cheese bread is a delicious garlic bread substitute that won’t make you miss the carb-loaded original. They’re a great gluten-free side option to your favorite Italian dishes like chicken or eggplant Parmesan. It also goes well with Buffalo wings and jalapeno poppers on your game day snack table. The recipe is keto-friendly and is perfect for those adhering to a low-carb diet. Plus, it’s full of vegetables but tastes like a garlic and cheese explosion.
The recipe sounds like it might be complicated or that it has a lot of ingredients, but it’s extremely simple with only a few steps and less than ten ingredients. No weird additives or flours—just cauliflower, eggs, spices, and cheese! All you need is a food processor and a baking sheet. In less than 30 minutes you can have this crave-worthy appetizer. It's one of the many delicious recipes you can make with cauliflower.
- 1 large head cauliflower
- 2 large eggs
- 3 cups mozzarella (shredded and divided)
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese (grated)
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 3 cloves garlic (minced)
- Optional: Crushed red pepper flakes, fresh chopped parsley
- 1 cup marinara sauce (for dipping)
Gather the ingredients. Preheat the oven to 425 F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
Grate the cauliflower on a box grater or in a food processor. You may need to add the cauliflower to the food processor in batches.
Transfer the grated cauliflower to a large bowl. Add the eggs, 1 cup of the mozzarella cheese, Parmesan cheese, garlic powder, oregano, and salt and pepper. Stir the contents until they come together and form a loose dough.
Transfer the dough to the prepared baking sheet. Pat down with moistened hands to form a rectangular crust. It should be about 1/2 an inch thick.
Bake until golden brown and dry to the touch, about 25 minutes.
Melt the butter in a small bowl. Add the minced garlic. Drizzle the garlic butter over the top of the cauliflower crust.
Sprinkle the remaining mozzarella cheese over the top. If you are adding the crushed red pepper flakes, sprinkle the desired amount over the top as well. Bake again until the cheese has melted about 5 to 10 minutes.
Remove from the oven and top with chopped parsley if you wish.
Slice into sticks and serve immediately.
- To make an even crispier crust, remove the cooked cauliflower crust from the parchment paper and gently transfer it to a wire cooling rack. Place it over a baking sheet and back into the oven on the lowest rack for another ten minutes.
- You can also squeeze the cauliflower in some cheesecloth to remove some of the extra moisture before combining it with the other ingredients.
- Top the cheese bread with an assortment of cheese like shredded provolone, grated Parmesan, and Asiago.
- You can also add more herbs like chopped parsley, chopped basil, and more oregano.