This celeriac parsnip soup recipe is a wholesome blend of delicately flavored, deliciously scented celeriac and subtly sweet parsnips. The vegetables are roasted until caramelized to enhance their natural goodness and the mixture is blended until silky smooth for an elegant presentation. Kick up the flavor with a drizzle of garlicky pistou for the garnish.
- How to make celeriac parsnip soup:
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- Toss the celeriac and parsnip with the olive oil. Arrange the vegetables in a single layer on a foil-covered baking sheet. Roast them in the preheated oven for 35 to 45 minutes, stirring once, until they are tender and have turned golden brown. Transfer the caramelized vegetables to a large stockpot.
- Bring the vegetables, stock, bay leaf, salt, and black pepper to a boil over medium-high heat.
- Reduce the heat, and simmer the soup for 15 minutes.
- Discard the bay leaf and process the soup in a blender or food processor until it is smooth.
- Serve the soup hot, drizzled with pistou as a garnish.