Soft, soothing, apple-sweet chamomile is enlivened with vodka in this easy-to-make "herbal tea" vodka. Try this naturally flavored vodka straight, or mix it with citrus juice for a one-of-a-kind cocktail.
- 750 mL vodka (a.k.a. "a fifth")
- 6 level tablespoons chamomile blossoms
- Optional: Simple syrup (to taste)
- Using a funnel, guide the chamomile into the bottle of vodka. If necessary, lightly crush the spices first or use a chopstick to fit them through the funnel and into the bottle.
- Replace the cap of the bottle and shake well.
- Steep for about 12 hours, or to taste.
- Pour the mixture through a fine mesh strainer and funnel into a different bottle. If you plan to add simple syrup, use a larger bottle. If desired, filter a second time with cheesecloth.
- Discard the chamomile flowers. Add simple syrup to the vodka if desired.
- Serve straight, on the rocks or as a base for more complex cocktails.
|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Total Fat||0 g|
|Saturated Fat||0 g|
|Unsaturated Fat||0 g|
|Dietary Fiber||0 g|