Another in Char-Broil's line of inexpensive gas grills. The Advantage Series are black, basic grills that offer straightforward grilling and little else. This 3-burner model has porcelain coated cast iron cooking grates, albeit lightweight ones, and a simple black finish.
Inexpensive grill with side burner
Lightweight, low-quality burner
Low heat output
- Three 10,000 BTU stainless steel tubular burners
- 420 square inches of primary grilling space for a total cooking area of 540 square inches
- 30,000 BTU maximum output from the main burners
- Piezoelectric ignition
- Porcelain-coated cast iron cooking grate
- Powder coated steel sheet metal body and frame with plastic side tables
- Cover and propane tank sold separately
- Sold propane only - not convertible
- Made by Char-Broil in China
Ultimately the one real issue with this gas grill is that it is underpowered. There has been a push lately to lower the BTU output of many grills. The real reason is that high temperatures damage lightweight components and this grill is pretty lightweight. The simple tubular burners and flame protectors will last longer at lower temperatures, so this grill offers those temperatures. The problem, of course, is that it takes longer to heat up and has trouble holding onto that heat, particularly if there is wind.
Add to this that the body is thin sheet metal and this isn't a powerhouse of a grill. For those expecting performance, you are probably going to have to spend more, but as a burger and hot dog cooking machine, this isn't a bad choice. Char-Broil seems to be working on trying to improve their image and durability factors, and this grill seems to be built along those lines. Don't expect it to last more than a few years, but at the price, it is not a bad selection.