Those looking for easy assembly and cleanup will love this gas grill model. With the Char-Broil Advantage, grillers can expect a gas grill with a standard design, four burners, and a side burner. With a stainless steel front panel and hood, it costs around $200 USD at stores like Lowe's Home Improvement. The problem with the Char-Broil Advantage grill is that it's oddly underpowered. One of the reasons why this gas grill has a reduced heat output is because the components of the construction literally can't take the heat.
With this model, it's important to note that there is a thin and low-grade stainless steel hood, which can easily discolor with excessive heat. However, this hood does have an inner lining to protect it to an extent. Additionally, this grill has low power with the goal to reduce the cost of the four main burners, which are top ported and thus less expensive to manufacture.
The Char-Broil Advantage Review
Unfortunately, this isn't a great grill to invest in. Overall, the Char-Broil Advantage doesn't deliver the best grilling experience, but it is large and cheap for those looking to purchase something quick on a budget. It is recommended to get this model if you aren't able or willing to invest in a more expensive and higher quality grill. You could also consider purchasing a charcoal grill, but if you want a gas grill, this could work until you save up for an even better one.
Whatever route you decide to go down, be sure to lower expectations when it comes to power, as its lifespan will likely be short, and food may not always be cooked evenly throughout. Despite the latter, this gas grill receives dozens of positive reviews from those who have purchased it for Memorial Day, in lieu of an old grill, or simply because they were looking for a deal.
Pros and Cons
The biggest benefit to this grill is that it's inexpensive and large. However, there are many disadvantages that come with such a low price. With only 32,000 BTUs under 450 square inches of cooking area and a 10,000 BTU gas grill, this is energy efficient but not very powerful. Additionally, this gas grill uses low-grade materials in construction and includes thin, lightweight burners. Buyers can expect a flimsy cart construction, low heat output, and an underpowered side burner.
Learn more about the Char-Broil Advantage through its details and specs as described:
- Four 8,000 BTU stainless steel tubular burners
- 450 square inches of primary cooking area for a total of 600 square inches of grilling space
- 32,000 BTU maximum output from the main burners
- 10,000 BTU standard side burner under a flush mounted cover
- Three porcelain coated cast iron cooking grates
- 430 stainless steel and painted steel construction
- Electric (AA-Battery) ignition
- Porcelain coated steel barrier
- Propane tank, rotisserie kit, and cover sold separately
- Sold propane only - not convertible
- 1-year limited grill warranty and 5-year limited burner warranty
- Made in China by Char-Broil exclusively for Lowes