|Nutrition Facts (per serving)|
|Amount per serving|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total Fat 7g||9%|
|Saturated Fat 1g||3%|
|Total Carbohydrate 121g||44%|
|Dietary Fiber 23g||81%|
|Total Sugars 92g|
|Vitamin C 60mg||299%|
|*The % Daily Value (DV) tells you how much a nutrient in a food serving contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.|
This spiced pomegranate martini is an intriguing pomegranate cocktail that will be a unique and delicious addition to your cocktail menu. It pairs the sweet taste of the fruit with a hint of cardamom spice. This cocktail is a wonderful fruity vodka martini for the winter months and is a great choice for pre-dinner drinks or a pretty brunch beverage.
The recipe features the alluring taste of pomegranate vodka, while the sweetener is a cardamom-infused simple syrup, which you can make at home. It gives the cocktail an interesting spice flavor that contrasts the fruit very nicely. Any pomegranate vodka, such as Veil and Smirnoff, will work nicely in this cocktail.
2 ounces pomegranate vodka
1/2 ounce cardamom simple syrup
1/2 ounce lemon juice
1/2 ounce pomegranate juice or purée (fresh or store bought)
Gather the ingredients.
Pour the vodka, cardamom simple syrup, lemon juice, and pomegranate juice into a cocktail shaker filled with ice.
Serve and enjoy.
- Pomegranate juice is very easy to make when the fruit is in season (North American winter). Simply place the pomegranate arils (the seeds) in a food processor or blender with a splash of water and blend it into a purée, then remove the seeds with a fine-mesh strainer.
- Fresh lemon juice is preferred. A single lemon typically yields 1 3/4 ounces, which is more than enough for a few cocktails.
- Garnishing the cocktail can be simple and there are a number of good options. You can play up the pomegranate or cardamom flavors by adding a few seeds from either in the drink (pomegranate arils tend to sink). Or, go with a more conventional garnish like a lovely lemon twist.
- If you don't have fresh or store-bought pomegranate juice, you can use grenadine or a pomegranate liqueur like Pama in a pinch, but the drink will be much sweeter.
- Instead of pomegranate vodka, you can try any berry-flavored vodka, particularly raspberry or strawberry.
- Though it won't have the spice notes, you can use unflavored simple syrup and enjoy a flavorful pomegranate martini.
- Other flavored simple syrups can be used as well. Additional spices that pair perfectly with pomegranate include cinnamon and ginger, both of which are perfect for syrups.
How Strong Is a Spiced Pomegranate Martini?