- 1 head bibb lettuce (about 8 ounces total), washed and dried well
- 1/2 head red leaf lettuce (about 6 ounces total), washed and dried well
- 3/4 cup Charley's Crab Raspberry-Maple Dressing (recipe link below)
- 1/4 cup crumbled blue cheese
- 12 rings red onion, each about 1/4-inch thick
- 3 Tablespoons pine nuts, toasted (see Note)
Tear lettuce leaves by hand into bite-size pieces and toss with in a large bowl. Divide lettuce evenly among 6 chilled plates and top each with , red onion rings, and pine nuts.
Per serving: 223 calories, 69 percent calories from fat, 4 grams protein, 16 grams carbohydrates, 2 grams total fiber, 17 grams total fat, 4 milligrams cholesterol, 143 milligrams sodium
To toast pine nuts: Spread in a single layer in a pie pan and roast at 350 degrees about 8 minutes.
For a variation, the restaurant suggests substituting toasted chopped walnuts for the pine nuts.
Recipe Source: Charley's Crab, Fort Lauderdale, FL
Reprinted with permission.
|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Total Fat||5 g|
|Saturated Fat||1 g|
|Unsaturated Fat||1 g|
|Dietary Fiber||6 g|