Cheddar and Bacon Bread is a savory and slightly hearty bread that can add a little something special to your meal. Here is the recipe for the bread machine version, so your bread is not only delicious but easy to make.
- Place ingredients in bread pan in order listed or according to manufacturer's directions.
- The cheddar cheese and bacon are added in the fruit and nut signal. Depending on your machine this could be anywhere from 30 to 40 minutes into the cycle.
- Remember, when adding the yeast last, make a small well with your finger to place the yeast. This will insure the proper timing of the yeast reaction.
- This bread is processed at the Basic (Standard) cycle or according to manufacturer's directions. (Note: I've done it on the Rapid Cycle, but the cheese and bacon is completely incorporated into the bread. You still get the great flavor, but the nice texture is gone.
- Imitation or real bacon bits may be used. They can be found in the salad dressing section of the grocery store. If you use real bacon bits, use 1/2 cup.
|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Total Fat||21 g|
|Saturated Fat||10 g|
|Unsaturated Fat||7 g|
|Dietary Fiber||1 g|