Cheddar Cheese Sauce Recipe
The cheddar cheese sauce is a classic cheese sauce for vegetables made by enriching a standard Béchamel sauce with cheddar cheese, mustard, and Worcestershire sauce.
It's an ideal accompaniment for vegetables, pasta or fish.
Oh, and did I mention nachos? Or chili dogs? Or macaroni? I mean, honestly, it's a cheddar cheese sauce. Is there anything you can't serve it with?
- 1 pint
- Béchamel sauce
- ½ cup grated cheddar cheese
- ¼ teaspoon mustard powder
- 1½ teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- ¼ cup whole milk, hot
- In a heavy-bottomed saucepan, heat the Béchamel to a simmer.
- Add the cheddar cheese and mustard powder and stir until the cheese has melted. Stir in the Worcestershire sauce.
- Remove from heat and adjust consistency with the hot milk if necessary. Serve right away.
Makes about 2 cups of cheddar cheese sauce.
|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Total Fat||4 g|
|Saturated Fat||2 g|
|Unsaturated Fat||1 g|
|Dietary Fiber||0 g|