|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Servings: Serves 6|
|Amount per serving|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total Fat 52g||67%|
|Saturated Fat 28g||139%|
|Total Carbohydrate 50g||18%|
|Dietary Fiber 5g||17%|
|*The % Daily Value (DV) tells you how much a nutrient in a food serving contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.|
Feel free to use chicken broth or more milk in place of the beer in the recipe. This is a tasty combination of flavors, and it makes a great everyday family meal. Serve this pasta bake with crusty bread and sliced fresh tomatoes.
- 8 ounces elbow macaroni (uncooked)
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 6 to 8 green onions (thinly sliced)
- 1 clove garlic (finely minced)
- 1 tablespoon parsley (chopped)
- 12 to 16 ounces ham (diced)
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 1 cup beer
- 2 cups milk
- 1 cup/4 ounces American cheese
- 2 cups/8 ounces cheddar cheese (sharp, shredded)
- 1/2 cup/2 ounces parmesan cheese (shredded)
- salt to taste
- black pepper to taste
- For the Topping:
- 3/4 cup bread crumbs (soft, fresh)
- 2 tablespoons butter (melted)
- sweet paprika to taste
- Gather the ingredients.
- Grease a 2 to 2 1/2-quart baking dish. Heat oven to 350°F.
- Cook pasta in boiling salted water following package directions. Drain and rinse under hot water. Set aside.
- In a large skillet or saute pan, melt butter over medium-low heat. Add the onions, garlic, parsley, and ham and saute, stirring, for 3 to 4 minutes. Stir in the flour until well incorporated. Cook, stirring, for 1 minute. Stir in the beer. Gradually stir in milk and cheeses. Cook. Stir until thickened and cheese has melted. Add salt and pepper, to taste. Stir in the drained pasta. Spoon the mixture into the prepared baking dish.
- Combine bread crumbs with melted butter and sprinkle over the casserole. Sprinkle lightly with paprika.
- Bake for about 25 to 30 minutes, until topping is lightly browned and casserole is bubbly.