This is a simply delicious recipe for stuffed mushrooms. Portabella works really well for this recipe because of their larger size and shape.
- 4 large flat portabella mushrooms (cleaned; remove and chop stems into small pieces)
- 1/4 cup panko bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup cheddar cheese (grated)
- 1/2 small jar pimentos (chopped)
- 2 tablespoons/ butter
- 1 tablespoon thyme (fresh, finely chopped)
- 1 tablespoon oregano (fresh, finely chopped)
- 2 teaspoons rosemary (fresh, finely chopped)
- 1 clove garlic (minced)
- salt to taste
- black pepper to taste
1.Wash mushrooms and cut off stems. Chop stems finely. Combine bread crumbs, mushroom stems, thyme, oregano, rosemary, garlic, salt and pepper in a food processor and pulse about 15 times. Don't over process. Stir in chopped pimentos.
2. Preheat grill for medium-high heat. Once up to heat and right before mushrooms go onto grill, oil grill grates well.
3. Brush bottoms of mushrooms with olive oil and place 1/2 tablespoon of butter inside.
Place on hot grill for about 4 minutes. Remove from grill and stuff with breadcrumb mixture and top with grated cheese. Return to grill and cook an additional 4 minutes.
4. Once cooked, remove from heat and let stand for 5 minutes. Carefully cut into fourths, and serve. This dish can be served as an appetizer, side or main dish. If serving as a main dish, serve stuffed mushrooms whole along with fresh salad greens or side dish of choice.
|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Total Fat||12 g|
|Saturated Fat||7 g|
|Unsaturated Fat||3 g|
|Dietary Fiber||4 g|