|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Servings: 10 servings|
|Amount per serving|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total Fat 27g||34%|
|Saturated Fat 15g||77%|
|Total Carbohydrate 34g||12%|
|Dietary Fiber 4g||13%|
|*The % Daily Value (DV) tells you how much a nutrient in a food serving contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.|
The rich mixture of mashed potatoes, cream cheese, and sour cream in this cheese mashed potato recipe make for an extra special side dish. The shredded cheddar topping makes it over-the-top delicious.
Use reduced calorie cream cheese and sour cream to lighten the casserole up a bit.
- 8 medium baking potatoes (about 4 pounds)
- 8 ounces cream cheese (softened)
- 8 ounces sour cream
- 8 tablespoons butter (softened)
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese (or as desired)
Preheat the oven to 350 F.
Butter a 2-quart baking dish.
Peel and quarter potatoes.
In a large saucepan, cook potatoes in enough water to cover for 20 to 25 minutes or until tender. Drain off liquid.
In a large mixing bowl, combine the potatoes, cream cheese, sour cream, butter, garlic powder, and pepper.
Beat the mixture by hand or with an electric mixer until fluffy; do not overbeat.
Turn the mixture into the prepared baking dish. Top with the shredded Cheddar cheese.
Cover and bake in the preheated oven for 35 minutes.
Uncover and bake for 15 minutes longer, or until lightly browned.
- To soften cream cheese in a hurry, take it out of its foil wrapper and place it on a microwave-safe plate. Microwave the cream cheese on high power for about 15 to 20 seconds.