- 8 medium baking potatoes (about 4 pounds)
- 8 ounces cream cheese (softened)
- 8 ounces sour cream
- 8 tablespoons butter (softened)
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese (or as desired)
- Preheat the oven to 350 F.
- Butter a 2-quart baking dish.
- Peel and quarter potatoes.
- In a large saucepan, cook potatoes in enough water to cover for 20 to 25 minutes or until tender. Drain off liquid.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the potatoes, cream cheese, sour cream, butter, garlic powder, and pepper.
- Beat the mixture by hand or with an electric mixer until fluffy; do not overbeat.
- Turn the mixture into the prepared baking dish. Top with the shredded Cheddar cheese.
- Cover and bake in the preheated oven for 35 minutes.
- Uncover and bake for 15 minutes longer, or until lightly browned.
To soften cream cheese in a hurry, take it out of its foil wrapper and place it on a microwave-safe plate. Microwave the cream cheese on high power for about 15 to 20 seconds.
|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Total Fat||27 g|
|Saturated Fat||15 g|
|Unsaturated Fat||7 g|
|Dietary Fiber||4 g|