I have convinced myself that I am an expert in grilled pizza, and no one in my family is contesting that claim. The reason being that they would not get any more grilled pizza. But this is an expertise that I can only substantiate during the warmer months. Otherwise my pizza output — and therefore my bragging rights — dwindle markedly.
And yet. And yet. What’s this? A fluffy packaged naan bread? Oh, and look! I have an oven. One plus one equals pizza. Okay, with a handful of other ingredients, but seriously, what a joy, what fun, to make a semi-homemade pizza any night of the week with whatever you have lying around.
- 1/3 cup sun-dried tomatoes (oil packed)
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese (finely shredded)
- 1 teaspoon garlic (minced)
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- salt to taste (coarse or kosher)
- black pepper to taste
- 2 naan (1 8-to-10 ounce package; see Note)
- 6 ounces goat cheese (firm aged; peeled into flat strips with a vegetable peeler)
- Garnish: slivered fresh basil
- Preheat the oven to 375°F. Spray a rimmed baking sheet with nonstick cooking spray or lightly oil it.
- In a food processor, place the sun-dried tomatoes, Parmesan, garlic, olive oil, and salt and pepper. Puree until fairly smooth.
- Spread two tablespoons of the sun-dried tomato pesto on each naan and evenly sprinkle over the strips of aged goat cheese. Bake for 20 minutes until the edges are browned and the cheese is melty.
- Sprinkle with fresh basil, if desired, and serve hot.
Don't Miss: Awesome Homemade Pizza Recipes
5 Grilled Pizzas That Will Knock Your Socks Off Do you know what happen when you take the world’s most perfect food and put it on a grill? You get the world’s MOST MOST perfect food. Click here for detailed instructions for making this in your own yard!
Smoked Mozzarella and Prosciutto Grilled Pizza For us, grilled pizzas equal summertime. My kids absolutely love the combo of prosciutto and mozzarella, and the smoked mozzarella is a nice way to change things up.
Mini Breakfast Egg, Tomato and Spinach Flatbread Pizzas This is such an easy and impressive brunch idea, or even lunch or brinner (breakfast for dinner!) Just scramble eggs, spoon on flatbread, sprinkle with toppings, bake until bubbly, and serve!
English Muffin Pizzas These are a breakfast that come together in the same amount of time it takes to make hot cereal or scramble some eggs. Think of these for an after school snack, too, not to mention lunch.
Homemade Pizza Dough Although I usually resort to more readily available store-bought dough, sometimes I have extra time and some active dry yeast, and maybe even a kid who’s looking for a kitchen project, and then homemade pizza dough is so much fun to make