|Nutrition Facts (per serving)|
|Amount per serving|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total Fat 11g||14%|
|Saturated Fat 6g||31%|
|Total Carbohydrate 13g||5%|
|Dietary Fiber 1g||3%|
|Total Sugars 10g|
|Vitamin C 22mg||109%|
|*The % Daily Value (DV) tells you how much a nutrient in a food serving contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.|
Imagine everything you love about cheesecake in an easy, no-bake dip! In a matter of minutes you can whip up this treat and then serve with your favorite dippers and toppings. Softened cream cheese is blended with sour cream and milk to make the dip soft and smooth enough to scooped up with cookies or fruit. It is sweetened with a bit of powdered sugar and flavored with vanilla extract. Of course, you can always take this basic recipe and make it your own by adding other extracts, blending in a bit of cocoa powder, or even mixing in some chocolate hazelnut spread. See note at the bottom of the recipe for variations.
The cheesecake dip can be whipped up in a snap when you need a last minute dessert and is great for a fun snack at movie night. Alternately, it can also be prepared in advance and stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator until ready to serve.
1 (8-ounce) package cream cheese, room temperature
2/3 cup sour cream
1/3 cup confectioners' sugar
2 tablespoons milk
1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
1/8 teaspoon salt
Fruit, cookies, pretzels, graham crackers, for serving
Gather the ingredients.
In a large bowl, beat the softened cream cheese until smooth.
Add the sour cream, powdered sugar, milk and vanilla extract. Mix until smooth.
Transfer the cheesecake dip to a serving bowl.
If serving immediately, garnish with a variety of cookies, fruit, pretzels, or other favorite dippers. You can also serve the cheesecake dip with fresh strawberries and crushed graham cracker crumbs. Every bite tastes like a forkful of your favorite cheesecake with a graham cracker crust.
This cheesecake dip can also be prepared in advance. Store in an airtight container if making ahead. The cheesecake dip can be refrigerated for up to 1 week. Let sit at room temperature for 10 to 15 minutes to soften, before serving.
What to Serve with Cheesecake Dip
The fun begins when you get to choose the various "dippers" to offer with the cheesecake dip.
- Graham crackers, vanilla wafer cookies, or shortbread cookies
- Caramel-filled stroopwafels or elegant pirouette cookies
- Pretzels offer a sweet and salty crunch
- Fresh fruit such as fresh strawberries and apple slices
- Cherry Cheesecake Dip: Prepare the recipe as described above. Spoon into a large serving bowl and top with cherry pie filling and sprinkle with crushed graham cracker crumbs.
- Caramel Pecan Cheesecake Dip: Prepare the recipe as described above. Spoon into a serving bowl and top with chopped pecans. Drizzle with prepared caramel sauce.
- Chocolate Peanut Butter Cup Cheesecake Dip: Prepare the recipe as described above but mix in 1/2 cup of creamy peanut butter into the dip. Gently fold in 1/2 cup chopped peanut butter cups. Top with a drizzle of prepared chocolate sauce.
- Colorful Chocolate Chip Cheesecake Dip: Prepare the recipe as described above. Fold in 1/4 cup mini chocolate chips and 1/4 cup mini M&M candies.