These green beans are creamy and cheesy, and they make a fabulous side dish for any meal. They're super easy, too!
The green beans are gussied up with a small amount of heavy cream and some shredded cheese. If you're tired of the same old plain steamed veggies, try this recipe.
- 4 cups cooked green beans
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Dash cayenne pepper
- 3/4 cup shredded Cheddar cheese, divided
- 2 tablespoons butter, cut in small pieces
- 1/3 cup heavy cream
- Put beans in a shallow buttered baking dish. Sprinkle with salt, cayenne pepper, and 1/2 cup of the shredded cheese; dot with half of the butter then pour cream over all.
- Stir to blend ingredients. Sprinkle remaining cheese over green beans and dot with remaining butter.
- Bake at 400 F for 20 minutes, or until hot and bubbly.
More Green Bean Recipes
|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Total Fat||20 g|
|Saturated Fat||11 g|
|Unsaturated Fat||5 g|
|Dietary Fiber||11 g|