|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Servings: Serves 3-4|
|Amount per serving|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total Fat 33g||42%|
|Saturated Fat 14g||72%|
|Total Carbohydrate 28g||10%|
|Dietary Fiber 1g||5%|
|*The % Daily Value (DV) tells you how much a nutrient in a food serving contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.|
I had pasta leftover from making Crockpot Italian Pork, so I threw together this great Cheesy Pasta Frittata recipe in about 20 minutes.
Frittatas are simply omelets that are more sturdy, meaning they are less fussy and easier to cook. They are one of the best quick recipes to make for breakfast, brunch, lunch, or dinner.
The only rules for making a frittata are to make sure the eggs are well beaten and the ingredients you add are cooked before you add the eggs. I have never had a failure while cooking a frittata. Frittatas should be cooked until the eggs are puffy and set, so don't undercook them and you will have success.
You can use just about any leftover food in a frittata. Use leftover pasta, rice, diced potatoes, meat, or cooked vegetables. You can vary the type of cheese you use too; use whatever you have on hand.
Serve this easy recipe with a green salad and some iced tea for a great meal.
- 1/2 cup chopped green pepper OR 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 6 eggs
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil leaves
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 cup cooked fettuccine or spaghetti, cut into 2" pieces
- 1 cup shredded Muenster cheese
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Gather the ingredients.
- Preheat the broiler. In a heavy skillet over medium heat, heat the olive oil and butter until melted and foamy.
- Add the green bell pepper; cook over medium heat, stirring frequently, until crisp tender. Meanwhile, in a large bowl, beat together the eggs with milk, 1/3 cup Parmesan cheese, salt, pepper, and basil.
- Add the leftover cooked pasta to the egg mixture and stir gently. Then add the egg mixture to skillet; arrange the pasta in an even layer.
- Cook the egg mixture over medium heat, lifting the sides occasionally to let the uncooked egg flow underneath.
- When the egg mixture is almost set but still very moist, after about 5 to 8 minutes, top it with the Muenster cheese and 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese. If you are using a pan that is not oven safe, cover the handle with heavy duty aluminum foil.
- Place the pan under the broiler, about 4 to 5 inches from the heat source, and cook for 5 to 10 minutes or until the frittata is puffed, set, and beginning to turn golden brown. Remove from the oven and cut the frittata into wedges; serve immediately.