- 1 pound bulk sausage
- 1/2 cup red bell pepper (chopped)
- 1/2 medium onion (finely chopped)
- 2 cloves garlic (minced)
- 1 1/2 cups cheddar cheese (grated)
- 1 1/2 cups Monterey jack cheese
- 1/2 cup ranch dressing
- 1 can/2.25 ounces black olives (sliced black)
- Vegetable oil spray
- 1 package wonton wrappers (48 pieces)
Preheat oven to 450 degrees F.
In a heavy skillet, saute sausage, red pepper, onion, and garlic, stirring often to break apart, until sausage is cooked through and crumbly. Drain grease and let cool to room temperature.
While sausage mixture cools, spray non-stick mini-muffin pans with vegetable oil. Place one wonton in each mini-muffin slot and spray again with vegetable oil. Bake 5 minutes until light golden brown.
Remove baked wontons to a foil-lined baking sheet. Reduce heat to 400 F.
Combine cooled sausage mixture, Cheddar cheese, Monterey Jack cheese, ranch dressing, and olives. Mix well.
Fill each wonton cup with sausage mixture, using all of the mixture. Bake filled wontons an additional 5 to 10 minutes until melted and bubbly. Let rest for 10 minutes, then serve warm.