A cheesy vegan garlic bread recipe made with vegan soy cheese and vegan mayonnaise for a dairy-free but still traditional vegan garlic bread. Perfect for a vegan barbecue or cookout.
Cheesy vegan garlic bread recipe courtesy of Follow Your Heart Foods.
- 1/2 cup vegan mayonnaise
- 1 cup shredded cheddar or nacho flavored vegan cheese
- 1 cup thinly sliced green onions, with tops
- 3 cloves minced garlic
- 1 loaf French bread, halved lengthwise
- 1/3 cup minced fresh parsley (optional)
- Mix vegan mayo like Vegenaise, vegan cheese, onions, and garlic. Spread on bread halves. Sprinkle with parsley if desired.
- Wrap each half in foil. Refrigerate 1 to 2 hours or freeze.
- Unwrap and place on a baking sheet. Bake at 400 F for 8 to 10 minutes (20 to 25 minutes if frozen) or until puffed but not brown. Cut into slices.
- Vegan garlic bread can also be wrapped in foil and placed on the grill, just like regular garlic bread, if you're having a barbecue.
|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Total Fat||16 g|
|Saturated Fat||5 g|
|Unsaturated Fat||4 g|
|Dietary Fiber||1 g|