Italian risotto is an elegant entree or side that is easier to prepare than you might think. Vegetarian risotto makes a great dinner entree, and you can always add in some extra vegetables, if you prefer, perhaps some broccoli florets, diced small. This vegetarian risotto recipe is creamy, cheesy and will be a hit with the kids as well. Scroll down for more vegetarian risotto recipes to try.
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 8 cups vegetable broth
- 2 cups arborio rice
- dash salt (to taste)
- dash pepper (to taste)
- 2/3 cup parmesan (freshly grated)
- In a large skillet, heat the olive oil and add the arborio rice. Stirring constantly, allow the rice to cook for 3 to 4 minutes.
- Add about a half cup of the vegetable broth to the rice, stirring frequently.
- When most of the liquid has absorbed, add another half cup of broth. Continue adding broth, a bit at a time, until the rice is done cooking, about 20 minutes.
- Remove from heat and stir in the parmesan until it has thoroughly melted.
- Add salt and pepper to taste. Sprinkle with additional cheese if desired.
More Vegetarian Risotto Recipes:
|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Total Fat||15 g|
|Saturated Fat||4 g|
|Unsaturated Fat||9 g|
|Dietary Fiber||2 g|