The chelo kebab is the national dish of Iran. Served on skewers over a bed of rice, this recipe is basic, yet full of flavor.
You may prefer to grill this over a charcoal grill than over a gas grill because the flavor is much better. If you do not have a grill, use the broiler in your oven.
- 1 lb. ground beef or lamb
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 large onion, chopped
- In a mixing bowl, combine all ingredients. Combine well using wooden spoon, or with your hands. Mixing with your hands allows the mixture to combine better.
- Take about 1/4 meat mixture and make into a ball. Place ball through flat skewers, and shape into square cigar-like shapes. Repeat with remaining meat.
- Place on grill and cook about 4 to 6 minutes each side, until meat is no longer pink and is done.
|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Total Fat||22 g|
|Saturated Fat||9 g|
|Unsaturated Fat||9 g|
|Dietary Fiber||1 g|