|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Servings: 8 to 12 servings|
|Amount per serving|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total Fat 29g||38%|
|Saturated Fat 16g||81%|
|Total Carbohydrate 34g||12%|
|Dietary Fiber 1g||5%|
|*The % Daily Value (DV) tells you how much a nutrient in a food serving contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.|
This is an easy and delicious cherry cheese pie. The pie is made with a graham cracker pie crust, a rich cheesecake filling, and an easy cherry pie filling topping.
The pie may also be made with a blueberry or strawberry pie filling topping.
If you want something a little different, try making the pie with a pretzel crust. Your friends and family will love the unexpected flavor and texture of the pretzels with the sweet filling and cherries. For instructions for a pretzel or cookie crust, see the variations below.
- For the Crust:
- 1 1/2 cups graham cracker crumbs (about 15 graham crackers)
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 6 tablespoons butter (melted)
- For the Filling:
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups sour cream
- 16 ounces cream cheese (softened and cut into pieces)
- 2 tablespoons butter (melted)
- For the Topping:
- 1 can/21 ounces cherry pie filling
- Whipped cream or whipped topping (optional)
Prepare the Crust
Heat the oven to 400 F. (Or to 350 F for a pretzel crust, as below).
In a bowl, combine the graham cracker crumbs, 1/3 cup of granulated sugar, and 6 tablespoons of melted butter until well blended.
Press the crumbs into a 9-inch pie pan.
Bake in the preheated oven for 6 minutes.
Remove to a rack and cool the crust completely before filling.
Reduce the oven temperature to 325 F.
Prepare the Filling
In a mixing bowl with an electric mixer beat together eggs, 1/2 cup of granulated sugar, vanilla, and sour cream.
Gradually add the softened cream cheese, beating well.
Beat in 2 tablespoons of melted butter.
Pour the cheese filling mixture into the prepared and cooled graham cracker crust.
Bake at 325 F for 35 minutes, or until the filling is set in center. Will firm up as it cools.
Top the pie with cherry pie filling; chill thoroughly before serving.
Garnish with whipped cream or prepared whipped topping, if desired.
- Pretzel crust: Combine 2 cups of finely crushed small pretzels or pretzel sticks with 1/4 cup of packed brown sugar and 3/4 cup of melted butter or margarine. Press the crumb mixture into the bottom and up the sides of a lightly buttered 9-inch pie plate. Bake at 350 F for about 10 minutes. Remove from the oven and cool on a rack.
- Cookie crust: Combine 1 1/2 cups of finely crushed vanilla wafers or similar cookie crumbs with 2 tablespoons of granulated sugar and 5 tablespoons of melted butter. Mix well and press into the bottom and up the sides of a 9-inch pie plate. Bake at 350 F for 8 to 10 minutes. Cool completely on a rack.