This classic and old-fashioned cherry dessert using whipped cream, marshmallows, and canned cherry pie filling, is delicious.
- 2-1/2 cups pretzel crumbs
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1/3 cup chopped pecans
- 1 (8-ounce) package mascarpone cheese, softened
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 2 cups miniature marshmallows
- 2 (16 oz.) cans cherry pie filling
- 2 tbsp. lemon juice
- In a large bowl, combine pretzel crumbs, melted butter, and pecans and mix well. Press 2/3 in the bottom of 13x9" pan. Set aside.
- In another large bowl, beat mascarpone cheese, vanilla, 1/4 cup heavy whipping cream, and half of the powdered sugar. In another large bowl, combine remaining cream and remaining powdered sugar and beat until thickened. Fold into cream cheese mixture, then fold in marshmallows.
- Spread this mixture over the crust in pan. In a medium bowl, mix cherry pie filling with lemon juice; spoon over dessert. Sprinkle with reserved crumb mixture. Cover and chill for 4 to 5 hours before serving.
You Might Also Like
|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Total Fat||37 g|
|Saturated Fat||20 g|
|Unsaturated Fat||12 g|
|Dietary Fiber||2 g|