I made one of these on a total lark. We were inundated with fresh cherries (two of us went to different farmers markets and came home with cherry-laden hauls) and I was putting them in anything and everything. I love a classic gin and tonic when the weather turns hot, so I put some cherries in it. Wow. What a discovery. Something about the sweetness of the muddled cherries and the bitter tang of the tonic worked together perfectly. Now I buy them specifically for this purpose, so perfect are they for the summer cocktail hour.
- 6 ripe sweet cherries
- 1/4 cup gin
- 2 teaspoons lime juice (or to taste)
- Tonic water to taste
- Pit cherries and put them in a cocktail shaker or large glass. Use a muddler or large wooden spoon to muddle or gently crush them.
- Add the gin and lime juice, cover, and shake vigorously for a minute.
- Fill two glasses with ice and strain the cherry-gin mixture in equal measures over the ice.
- Add tonic to fill the glass or to taste.
|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Total Fat||1 g|
|Saturated Fat||0 g|
|Unsaturated Fat||0 g|
|Dietary Fiber||11 g|