These chewy cookies have plenty of chocolate flavor -- they will remind you of brownies. If you don't have hazelnuts, try these cookies with other chopped nuts.
- 1/2 cup butter (room temperature)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup sugar (granulated)
- 1 egg (unbeaten)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 squares chocolate (semisweet, melted)
- 1 cup all-purpose flour (stir before measuring)
- 1/2 cup hazelnuts (chopped, more if desired)
- Preheat oven to 325 F. Grease cookie sheets or line with parchment paper or silicone baking mats.
- In a mixing bowl with an electric mixer cream butter until light and fluffy. Gradually beat in salt and sugar. Add egg; beat well. Blend in vanilla and chocolate.
- Mix in flour until blended. Fold in the chopped hazelnuts.
- Drop level tablespoonfuls of dough, 2 inches apart, onto the greased cookie sheets.
- Stamp lightly with a flat bottom glass covered with a damp cloth.
- If desired sprinkle more finely chopped hazelnuts over the top of each cookie.
- Bake for about 15 minutes, until set.
You Might Also Like
|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Total Fat||10 g|
|Saturated Fat||5 g|
|Unsaturated Fat||3 g|
|Dietary Fiber||2 g|