Coconut and chocolate chunks or chips team up in these delicious chewy blondies. Take these bars to a party or potluck and get lots of smiles.
- 1 cup flour
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 4 ounces unsalted butter (melted and cooled to room temperature)
- 1 cup light brown sugar (packed)
- 1 large egg
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup coconut (flaked)
- 1 cup chocolate chips (or chunks)
- For the Topping:
- Optional: 1 cup semisweet or bittersweet chocolate chips
- Optional: 1 teaspoon butter or shortening
- Grease and flour an 8- or 9- inch square baking pan.
- Heat oven to 350°.
- Combine the flour and salt; set aside.
- Beat melted butter and brown sugar together until smooth
- Beat in egg and vanilla extract until well blended.
- Slowly beat in the flour and salt until blended, then stir in the coconut and chocolate chips or chocolate chunks.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes, or until set in the center but still soft. Do not overbake.
- Let the bars cool slightly before drizzling with chocolate, then cool completely before cutting into small squares.
- For topping, if using, melt chocolate chips with 1 teaspoon of butter or shortening until smooth.
- Drizzle over the bars with a spoon or pour the mixture into a sandwich bag and cut a very small piece of the corner off.
- Drizzle, squeezing the chocolate out over the bars.
You Might Also Like
|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|