|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Servings: 12 Servings|
|Amount per serving|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total Fat 22g||28%|
|Saturated Fat 13g||65%|
|Total Carbohydrate 35g||13%|
|Dietary Fiber 3g||12%|
|*The % Daily Value (DV) tells you how much a nutrient in a food serving contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.|
Coconut and chocolate chunks or chips team up in these delicious chewy blondies. Take these bars to a party or potluck and get lots of smiles.
- 1 cup flour
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 4 ounces unsalted butter (melted and cooled to room temperature)
- 1 cup light brown sugar (packed)
- 1 large egg
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup coconut (flaked)
- 1 cup chocolate chips (or chunks)
- For the Topping:
- Optional: 1 cup semisweet or bittersweet chocolate chips
- Optional: 1 teaspoon butter or shortening
- Gather the ingredients.
- Grease and flour an 8- or9- inch square baking pan. Heat oven to 350°.
- Combine the flour and salt; set aside.
- Beat melted butter and brown sugar together until smooth; beat in egg and vanilla extract until well blended.
- Slowly beat in the flour and salt until blended, then stir in the coconut and chocolate chips or chocolate chunks.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes, or until set in the center but still soft. Do not overbake. Let the bars cool slightly before drizzling with chocolate, then cool completely before cutting into small squares.
- For topping, if using, melt chocolate chips with 1 teaspoon of butter or shortening until smooth. Drizzle over the bars with a spoon or pour the mixture into a sandwich bag and cut a very small piece of the corner off. Drizzle, squeezing the chocolate out over the bars.