This puppy chow recipe is not for dogs. This is the popular Chex puppy chow recipe made with crispy rice or corn cereal (such as rice Chex or corn Chex), chocolate chips and peanut butter. The mixture is tossed together then rolled in powdered sugar for an extra special, extra sweet treat the kids will go crazy for.
- 9 cups
- crispy rice or corn cereal, such as rice Chex or corn Chex
- 1 cup chocolate chips (milk, semisweet or dark chocolate)
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1-1/2 cups powdered sugar
- Place cereal in a large bowl. Set aside.
- Place chocolate chips, peanut butter and butter in a microwave-safe bowl. Heat on high 1 minute. Stir, and continue heating in the microwave in 30-second increments until the chocolate chips are completely melted. Stir in the vanilla extract.
- Pour the chocolate mixture over the cereal, and toss with a spatula or large spoon to coat the cereal well.
- Place the powdered sugar in a gallon-size plastic, zipper-sealed bag. Add the cereal in batches, shaking to coat it well with the powdered sugar. Transfer to a baking sheet or jellyroll pan (compare prices) to cool completely. Store in an airtight container.
|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Total Fat||17 g|
|Saturated Fat||7 g|
|Unsaturated Fat||6 g|
|Dietary Fiber||3 g|