|Nutrition Facts (per serving)|
|Amount per serving|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total Fat 16g||20%|
|Saturated Fat 3g||13%|
|Total Carbohydrate 6g||2%|
|Dietary Fiber 1g||5%|
|Total Sugars 3g|
|Vitamin C 9mg||43%|
|*The % Daily Value (DV) tells you how much a nutrient in a food serving contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.|
The popular avocado lime ranch dressing from the restaurant chain Chick-fil-A is a flavorful twist on ranch dressing. This Southwestern-style dressing benefits from the addition of creamy avocado, spices, and tart lime, and it livens up any salad. Since their signature dressings are not available for purchase by the bottle, if you want to enjoy this zesty salad dressing at home you will need to recreate it yourself. This recipe mimics the restaurant version and is great to keep on hand in your refrigerator.
Instead of assembling a bunch of herbs and spices, this version is simplified by using a packet of ranch seasoning mix. These packets have already been formulated with the perfect blend to create that signature ranch dressing flavor. The packet is blended with mayonnaise, milk, a ripe fresh avocado, fresh cilantro, lime juice, zest, chili powder, and cumin. It is all pulsed in the food processor until a beautiful green hue and a smooth consistency are formed. Additional milk can be added if you prefer a thinner dressing and additional fresh cilantro can be added if you want a greener color.
1 cup mayonnaise
1 cup milk
1 ripe avocado
1/4 cup fresh cilantro
1 (1-ounce) packet ranch seasoning mix
2 tablespoons freshly-squeezed lime juice
1 tablespoon lime zest
1 teaspoon chili powder
1/2 teaspoon cumin
Steps to Make It
Gather the ingredients.
In the bowl of a blender or food processor, add the mayonnaise, milk, avocado, cilantro, ranch seasoning mix, lime juice, lime zest, chili powder, and cumin. Pulse to combine.
Pulse to combine. Additional milk can be added to thin the consistency of the dressing if necessary.
Pour the dressing into an airtight container, cover, and chill for at least 30 minutes before serving.
Stir or shake well before serving.
How to Store
- This dressing can be made in advance up to two days before using and leftovers can be stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to three days.
- Since homemade dressings don't have any preservatives, it is important to use the blended dressing within a few days of preparing it.
How to Serve Avocado Lime Ranch Dressing
- Serve over your favorite salad such as a taco salad or barbecue chicken salad.
- Use to dress a pasta salad.
- Use as a condiment on a black bean burrito, turkey sandwich, or wrap.
- Serve as a dip with tortilla chips, potato chips, or fries.
- You can make your own ranch seasoning mix from scratch using a variety of dried herbs and spices from your pantry. You can then use this seasoning blend in place of the packet called for in the recipe above. Combine:
- 2 tablespoons dried parsley
- 2 teaspoons dried dill
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons onion powder
- 2 teaspoons dried onion flakes,
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon dried chives
- 1 teaspoon salt
- If you really enjoy this flavor combination, make a double batch and store the remaining blend in an airtight container to have on hand for future recipes.