- 1 teaspoon Thai red chile paste
- 1 teaspoon fish sauce
- 1 tablespoon black bean sauce
- 1 tablespoon oyster sauce
- 1/4 cup chicken stock
- 6 ounces chicken breast (cut into 1-inch pieces)
- 1/2 cup cornstarch (more or less as needed)
- 2 cloves garlic (minced)
- 1 piece ginger (1 inch; peeled and minced)
- 1 to 2 Serrano peppers (seeds removed and minced, WASH hands thoroughly)
- 8 ounces asparagus (trimmed and cut into 1-inch pieces; reserve tips)
- 1 medium red bell pepper (seeded and sliced into pieces the same size)
- 2 scallions (chopped into 1-inch pieces)
- Garnish: sesame oil, to taste
- Mix the red chile paste in with the fish sauce, black bean sauce, oyster sauce, and chicken stock. Set aside.
- Dredge chicken pieces in corn starch, and deep fry in a small amount of peanut oil, remove when brown, and set aside.
- Put garlic, ginger, and Serrano peppers in a clean wok, in a small amount of peanut oil, and cook until fragrant. Add the asparagus pieces, saving tips for later.
- Stir fry and add the red pepper. Continue to stir fry, then add the chile paste, bean sauce, and oyster sauce mixture. Add the cooked chicken and cook for about 1 minute, then add the reserved asparagus tips.
- If desired, add 1 teaspoon cornstarch mixed in 1 teaspoon water to thicken mixture. Add the scallions, sprinkle with sesame oil, and serve.
- Add the scallions, sprinkle with sesame oil, and serve.
|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Total Fat||7 g|
|Saturated Fat||2 g|
|Unsaturated Fat||2 g|
|Dietary Fiber||5 g|
(The nutrition information on our recipes is calculated using an ingredient database and should be considered an estimate. Individual results may vary.)