|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Servings: 3 to 4|
|Amount per serving|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total Fat 7g||8%|
|Saturated Fat 2g||9%|
|Total Carbohydrate 39g||14%|
|Dietary Fiber 5g||18%|
|*The % Daily Value (DV) tells you how much a nutrient in a food serving contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.|
This chicken and asparagus stir-fry recipe goes very nicely with potstickers and Thai rice. Thai chili paste and fish sauce are available in Asian markets or stores that sell ingredients used in Southeast Asian cooking.
- 1 teaspoon Thai red chile paste
- 1 teaspoon fish sauce
- 1 tablespoon black bean sauce
- 1 tablespoon oyster sauce
- 1/4 cup chicken stock
- 6 ounces chicken breast (cut into 1-inch pieces)
- 1/2 cup cornstarch (more or less as needed)
- 2 cloves garlic (minced)
- 1 piece ginger (1 inch; peeled and minced)
- 1 to 2 Serrano peppers (seeds removed and minced, WASH hands thoroughly)
- 8 ounces asparagus (trimmed and cut into 1-inch pieces; reserve tips)
- 1 medium red bell pepper (seeded and sliced into pieces the same size)
- 2 scallions (chopped into 1-inch pieces)
- Garnish: sesame oil (to taste)
Mix the red chile paste in with the fish sauce, black bean sauce, oyster sauce, and chicken stock. Set aside.
Put garlic, ginger, and Serrano peppers in a clean wok, in a small amount of peanut oil, and cook until fragrant. Add the asparagus pieces, saving tips for later.
Stir fry and add the red pepper. Continue to stir fry, then add the chile paste, bean sauce, and oyster sauce mixture. Add the cooked chicken and cook for about 1 minute, then add the reserved asparagus tips.
If desired, add 1 teaspoon cornstarch mixed in 1 teaspoon water to thicken mixture. Add the scallions, sprinkle with sesame oil, and serve.
Add the scallions, sprinkle with sesame oil, and serve.