|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Servings: 6 Servings|
|Amount per serving|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total Fat 60g||77%|
|Saturated Fat 32g||161%|
|Total Carbohydrate 35g||13%|
|Dietary Fiber 0g||1%|
|*The % Daily Value (DV) tells you how much a nutrient in a food serving contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.|
Chicken and dressing casserole brings the flavor of Thanksgiving to a Tuesday night family dinner, without hours of prep and cooking. Just combine the ingredients and pop it in the oven to bake. The cheese topping adds crunchy appeal, but you can easily omit it.
Click Play to See This Recipe Come Together
- 1 (10 3/4 ounces) can condensed cream of mushroom soup
- 1 (10 3/4 ounces) can condensed cream of celery soup
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 3 cups diced cooked chicken
- 1/2 cup melted butter
- 1 (6 to 8 ounces) package herb-seasoned stuffing mix or homemade stuffing (3 to 4 cups)
- Optional: 1 cup shredded cheese (Swiss or cheddar)
Heat oven to 350 F. Butter a 2- to 2 1/2-quart baking dish or spray it with nonstick cooking spray.
Combine soups and chicken broth. Add the diced chicken.
In another bowl, combine the melted butter with the stuffing mix to make the dressing.
Add the dressing to the chicken mixture and stir to blend.
Spoon everything into the prepared casserole dish and bake it for 30 to 40 minutes or until the top turns golden brown.
Top with 1 cup of shredded cheese during the last 5 minutes if desired.
Serve and Enjoy! Refrigerate or freeze leftovers.
- You can prepare the casserole earlier in the day, cover it with foil, and refrigerate it until you're ready to bake it. Serve the casserole with cranberry sauce on the side, along with your family's favorite veggie sides.
- Use leftover chicken or sauté fresh chicken breasts in a small amount of olive oil and butter until thoroughly cooked.
- A rotisserie chicken or packaged fully cooked roasted chicken strips work in this casserole, too.
- Substitute diced leftover turkey for the chicken.
- Substitute cream of chicken for the cream of celery soup.
- Add sautéed onions to the stuffing mix.