Serve this great tasting chicken and mushrooms with potatoes or noodles and a salad for a satisfying family meal.
Condensed cream of mushroom soup makes this recipe super easy, or replace the soup with a homemade sauce (see the instructions below the recipe).
- 4 boneless chicken breast halves
- 1 tablespoon butter (or margarine)
- 8 ounces mushrooms (fresh, sliced)
- 1 can cream of mushroom soup
- 1 clove garlic (minced)
- 1/4 teaspoon thyme (dried, crumbled)
- 1/8 teaspoon rosemary (dried, crumbled)
- 1/3 cup half-and-half
- salt to taste
- black pepper to taste
- In a large covered skillet, brown chicken in butter or margarine; remove to a plate and keep warm.
- Add mushrooms to skillet and sauté until golden brown and tender. Stir in the soup, garlic, thyme, and rosemary.
- Return the chicken breasts to skillet. Cover and cook over low heat 30 to 40 minutes, stirring occasionally. Blend in half-and-half; heat slowly.
- Taste and adjust chicken and mushrooms seasoning, adding salt and pepper, if needed.
- Serve chicken and mushrooms with hot cooked noodles or rice.
Tips and Variations
To make a homemade white sauce, saute the mushrooms in 4 tablespoons of butter. Add 3 tablespoons of flour and cook, stirring, for 2 minutes. Add 1 cup of chicken broth along with the garlic, thyme, and rosemary. Return the chicken to the skillet and continue with the recipe.
You Might Also Like
|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Total Fat||96 g|
|Saturated Fat||35 g|
|Unsaturated Fat||35 g|
|Dietary Fiber||2 g|